It’s that time of year again, summer is upon us and that means tick season is in full swing. Ticks can carry dangerous diseases that can seriously harm you, your family and your pets. Knowing how to properly remove ticks, and the signs and symptoms of infection, can help prevent serious and life threatening illnesses. Below is a factual list of how ticks attach to you and your pets, how to check for and remove ticks, and what to look for if you have been bitten.
- Ticks are most active in the summer months and become dormant during the cold winter months.
- The deer tick is the #1 tick that causes Lyme Disease within the US. Like most ticks, the deer tick likes to hang out in tall grass close to the edge of a field where deer will most likely be. If you are out in an area where deer frequent, chances are you have come across the deer tick.
- It’s important to make sure that if you are in a wooded or grassy area, hiking or camping that you check yourself for ticks every 2–3 hours; particularly your scalp, belly button, armpits, ears, back of the knees, and between your legs.
- It is crucial to be very careful when removing ticks from yourself, family members or animals. Rupturing the ticks body after it has been engorged with blood can still transmit disease.
- If you do live in an area where ticks are abundant in the summer, you can try using an all natural insecticide and insect repellent to make sure that you and your family are protected at all times.
We encourage you to get out and enjoy everything the summer season has to offer, but want to make sure that you and your family (fur babies included) are adequately prepared and protected when outdoors.
Have a happy and safe Summer!
Pest Repeller Ultimate® AT vs. the Competition“Not all pest repellers are created equal... the market has been flooded with cheap, poorly-designed repellers that make big claims but may be putting your home at safety risk.
Is the Wiring in Your Car Attracting Rodents?Up until the early 2000s, the insulation used to protect your car's wiring was petroleum-based. This layer is under the colorful plastic exterior that keeps your wires safe from environmental exposure, which helps maintain the longevity of the wires, and keeps them from making contact with each other. As a...
Pests going bump in the night?The Pest Repeller Ultimate AT may not actually keep ghosts away, but it will deter indoor pests such as mice, roaches, centipedes, scorpions, and more.
Guaridan G2 Cannon: How-To Video Guide“With this quick video guide and the user friendly manual in your box, you will be ready to fire your first blast in minutes!”
How to Deal With WoodpeckersDid you know that damage caused by woodpeckers may not be covered by your homeowners insurance?! Woodpeckers, left unchecked, can cause serious damage, making holes in the siding which creates an expressway for termites, carpenter bees, rats, and many other pests to enter your home. Knowing why woodpeckers knock, how...